Saturday, January 9, 2010

MY FIRST JOB INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

.

Hai FRIENDsssss...... I am writing this because I hope this will help some goin' to attend their first interview...

Copany: TCS

Day 1

Online Aptitude Exams commenced at 11:15am for the first batch. My name was in the 2nd list. So I took the exam at 1pm. When I wrote the English section, I was a litle worried because I have only 60% accuracy in that section. But I kept on encouraging myself. I din't get tensed THANK GOD! Maths and Logic my favourite sections were yet to come. As I had hoped, Maths and Logic were a cake walk. And at the end the PC displayed "Congratulation!! You have qualified TCS aptitude exam!"

Day 2

Interview 1: Technical Round (10:45am)

Went really tensed. But once I reached the Interviewer's desk, I became confident and answered evrything (techenical questions in C, C++) well. I had written Drawing and Paitning as one of my Hobbies. So he asked me to draw his face. But what I usually do is not caricature. I told him so. But he wanted me to try. He he he..... I drew..... And he was shocked to see the face I drew..... But he said he liked my cofidence and asked me to wait for HR round.

Interview 2: HR Round 1 (12:10pm)

It started with an unexpected activity, something that we usually get in our 1st year from seniors. I was asked to introduce myself to some junior girls. He he he..... One thing I learned is that even if your interviewer is sitting in front of you, stand up before you introduce yourself even to some juniors. I did not stand up thinking that it will not be nice to stand without the interviewer's permission. But he made me stand. :D Then I got the old drill. Strengts, weaknesses etc. He also checked what I knew about TATA Group as a whole. Then he enquired whether I have any questions. I asked all that I wanted to ask. He seemed a litle impressed, but I was a litle doubtful thinking whether I had messed up.

Interview 3: HR round 2 (2pm)
Here 3 of us were summoned together ( other 2 were girls). The interviewer asked whether we know to sing. The girls said that they know and like to sing. I thought I will be truthful as always. And siad I like drawig but not singing. Then I heard a command: "You are given 30sec to think. When I say start, you should sing one song each to these girls!!" I had no other choice now. And I was determined to DO IT!! So why turnback now?? If I sing, it is not me who suffers!!! It is those who are listening to it. He he he..... I knew it perfectly well. So sang 2 songs..... :D Now we were given a chance to ask some questions. Both the girls asked the same questions they had asked to the previous interviewer. I thought I will be truthful yet again..... And said I had asked many questions to the previous interviewer and now I don't have anything to ask. That did me in!! The girls were allowed to leave. But I was asked to stay. Then Sir said that my communication skills are OK but I should polish the way I talk. It was neither problem of my accent nor my vocab. But I think I made myself look as a shy guy or so without asking Qs. So friends.... Ask Qs when you are given a chance, even if you know the answers to it better than the interviewer....

Results: 7pm

I GOT SELECTED :D THANK GOD!!! :D


JUST BE YOURSELF AND BE CONFIDENT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment