Saturday, September 11, 2010

A SANCTUARY IN THE HEART OF THE CITY

Today I was searching for a pair of socks in my wardrobe, ransacking through all the clothes in it. I took almost 10 minutes to find one sock. Then and there I knew that I have stumbled upon my next blog topic.

It is rightly said that charity begins at home. My home is in the heart of the city and I have a wardrobe in my room. My wardrobe has three sections out of which two sections are dedicated for my clothes and the bottom most section is a sanctuary. The top two sections are filled with my uniforms, casuals, formals etc. You could see my latest blazer on the hanger. The ties are neatly arranged on the bar fixed on the in side of the door. As the top sections are concerned it is pretty much usual.

But what makes my wardrobe different from the usual is the third section which is a junk yard where all the old pieces of clothes are thrown and forgotten, where my old one eyed teddy lay rotten where no one dares to clean fearing whether they would catch plague.

Third section is a sanctuary for the extinct spiders and lizards and cockroaches that come to hide from the anti-pest sprays used by my Mom. Over the years I have come to the conclusion that I am doing something great by protecting the lives of these creatures and hence I never clean my wardrobe (what an excuse!!). :P

By the way, I didn't waste any more time searching for the other sock of the pair. And there is no way that I will turn back once I decide on doing something (here wearing my shoes). So guess what?? When my Dad will search for his socks tomorrow morning, he will have a pair less to select from. :P ;) :D

2 comments:

  1. pretty disturbing for me , as i am a well organised person !! ....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he..... buddy..... the actual picture is not so bad..... :P But exageration and imagination are necessary in a fantasy world right?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete