Thursday, July 8, 2010

TALL GUYS STORIES…….


Even when people all around you admire you for your height, it is not always delightful to be tall. To prove my point, I will give a brief description of one of my days.

The time is 8’O clock… The time is 8’O clock… The time is 8’O clock… went on the lady in the mobile with the most irksome voice I have ever heard. In half sleep I pressed somewhere (in the mobile only :-o ;) :D ) and that shut her up.

Outside, rain was celebrating the start of the monsoon season. The day was dull, damp and cold. So once again I drifted into a peaceful sleep. But not for long, there came a female mosquito cooing through my ears. I pulled up my blanket and covered my head. But then my feet were exposed and she stabbed on the tip of my toe!! Ouch!! I surged upward to get into the blanket and hit my head on the top panel of my bed!!

By now I was wide awake and stomped into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Then I went to the kitchen for my morning tea. DHUCK!!! The door of the cupboard on the wall was kept open which is perfectly positioned at a height just above my eyes. Hence I never miss a chance to get hit on the head!! If I was searching for sympathy, I was in the wrong place… lolz… My dear Mom said (as if adding salt to the wound): “Oh dear… Thank You for reminding me. I wanted you to get me some old bottles from the back of the cupboard.” :-o :(

I had tea and got to work. Cursing my fate to be longest fellow in the family I thrust my hands into the pitch dark corners of the long cupboard. Only God knew who the occupants in it were; where even the light from the torch was denied access. I removed 4 bottles successfully and while removing the 5th and the final bottle, my finger got nipped by some unhappy inhabitant for trespassing. :’(

The day’s plan was to visit my cousin brother and I thus I had my breakfast in a jiffy and got ready. Then I heard an inner voice advising me: “brace yourself… there is more to come”. I was puzzled and wondered what it meant. As I boarded the bus, the meaning became obvious. I had to stand stooping in the low roofed bus. When a man got down at a stop, I pounced onto the seat that he had left vacant. In my hurry, I missed to notice that it was just behind a ladies’ seat. Since my legs are long, my knee hit the back of the seat in front of me. A girl sitting in the seat glared and growled at me, and so did some others around me. I was in utter disgrace. :-o

These instances were enough to make me vigilant to watch my steps and tune my actions while entering the low roofed house of my cousin, where I could hear the ceiling fan hiss inches from my head.

It was a relief when we went out to a nearby pool with my cousin and his friends. I could stretch and relieve my self off the tensions of being bound indoors. We headed to the pool; “one man deep” he had said; of course I had my doubts.

All went in, splashing and laughing. I too went in. But to my dismay :-( , the pool which wet all others from toe to head 'in a go' barely touched my nose tip!!

Thankfully, that was the last problem I faced that day due to my height, excluding the low ceiling, till I saw the 5 ft 6” bed that I got to sleep in!!! :-o

Yes these are some problems faced by tall guys in their day to day lives. Some other problems are that they get caught very easily in the classes for the pranks they play or even just for laughing at the pranks played by others; when taking photos with shorter friends, it is difficult for the camera man to get both faces in the same frame etc.

But there are positives too. People remember tall guys more often, they get noticed very fast and even they can have a greater range of girl friends as height is no bar!! ;-) :D But one word of caution: always select a partner with enough height so that your face could be caught in a single frame in your wedding photo!! ;-) :D

6 comments:

  1. howzaat?? dragging?? boring?? interesting?? plz do give Ur feedback dear friends..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it was cool....:))D style f writing s interesting....do blog without worry super tall 6 ft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he..... Tangu AMMU..... ;-) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey der should a option called "grotesque/weird",,,,hehe ,

    just kidding man !! good work man !! keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  5. gud 1..quite witty actlly...wonderin how u ended up wit the topic..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. he he...... Tangu..... ;) A part of it is my own experience, some are experiences of others I have heard added with a lil exxageration :P ;) :D

    ReplyDelete