Sunday, October 17, 2010

How to spend my 1st Salary???

Some selected answers I got (even without asking) for the question mentioned above:

1) Lets go partying – who else other than friends would say this (including classmates, batch mates, branch mates, schoolmates, college mates, seniors, juniors, neighbors, relatives and all)

2) Don’t go on a spending spree!! Save it for your higher studies!!! – no points for guessing, yes this is My Family’s advice

3) Some people interested in Social Service say: “It is said that you should spend 1/5th of your earnings as charity.” (And as I think - Oh at least some altruistic people still exist in this world, doomsday is not so near – they say) “Then we also expect a grand donation (almost 3/5th of my salary :-O) for the program we are organizing.” (Hmm... Thanks for your kindness, at least U spared 1/5th for my own use…. and then comes the final blow) “And when could we expect your treat son??” (Hey Mr. I am not being paid a trillion a month!!)

4) Then comes even bigger crowd consisting of friends and friends of friends of mom, Dad, Bro, Cousins and all, whom I have never met before…… They start with praising me as if I have brought the moon to the ground…. “Congratulations dear... U are terrific” (Yeah spit it out... I know what is coming…… U also need my blood that’s obvious) “So when is the treat??” (aha... I knew!! I knew!!)

OK!!! Now that’s enough!!! I could try my best not to spend a single paisa on myself. But still I couldn’t satisfy the above list even with 10 times of my first salary!! No wonder that many choose some far away places from their home, for their posting, at least for 1st couple of months…… ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment